Fundamentals of Glass Fusing
Intro. to Fused and Slumped glass
Discover a new medium while working with warm glass to create a glass platter and set of coasters. All participants will be guided in the basics of glass working, including cutting, breaking, and shaping with grinders.
Students who have previous experience in fused glass will be able to make a different project if they wish but extra costs may be incurred for larger glass sizes or specialized materials.
Leadlight By Ettore has been teaching Glass Arts in the Macedon Ranges for over 40 years. They are a multi-generational business with both Ettore and Rhain running 10 week term classes, weekend workshops, private groups and parties as well as school holiday programs. The studio also produces fused glass, copperfoiled and mosaic pieces as well as repairs and commissions of leadlight pannels.
- The workshop costs include all materials required and all tools will be provided in the studio for use by participants.
- This is a Adult workshop and is suitable for ages 16+
- This class is suitable for beginners - No Experience Necessary
- Learn how to design fused pieces using a variety of glass products including stringers, noodles, frits, paints, and glass pieces
- Learn the basics of glass fusing and slumping
- Gain skills in cutting and breaking glass using a variety of different tools
- Make a square platter (250mm x 250mm)
- Make a set of 4 coasters
- Just bring yourself - tea and coffee is available in the kitchen facilities within the precinct – no food is allowed in the glass studio.
All participants must wear closed toed shoes, and long hair must be tied back. Loose flowing clothing is not recommended in the studio and participants are reminded that while aprons are provided it is recommend to wear clothing they do not mind getting dirty.
Class is suitable for ages 15+. No experience necessary.
Cancellation of session booking within 7 days of the workshop start date will forfeit the full workshop fee. If cancelled by the participant between 7 - 21 days before the workshop a 50% deposit will not be refunded. At management discretion participants may be transferred to another workshop or session.
If a workshop is cancelled by The Old Auction House due to insufficient enrollments, participants will be given the choice between a full refund or can transfer to a replacement workshop. Notification of cancellation of workshops will be at least 2 days before the workshop starts.
Please ensure that all dress code guidelines and age restrictions are carefully followed as management will not allow incorrectly attired participants to have access to the studio spaces at The Old Auction House which may result in any fees being forfeited. Please note that even when visiting the studios these dress codes will still apply.